If you have gastroenteritis and are looking for gastroenteritis life insurance coverage, you have come to the right place. People looking for life insurance with gastroenteritis can easily get confused by the life insurance underwriting process. We are here to help you understand your options and get you the best life insurance premiums and benefits possible.
What is gastroenteritis?
Gastroenteritis is often called the “stomach flu.” Diarrhea and vomiting frequently occur when you have the stomach flu. This is because your stomach and intestines become inflamed when you have a bacterial infection because of gastroenteritis.
Symptomes of gastroenteritis may include frequent vomiting and diarrhea can that lead to dehydration.
The symptoms of gastroenteritis include:
- Stomach pain
- Dehydration (from diarrhea and vomiting)
- Lightheadedness (from dehydration)
- Watery diarrhea
What causes gastroenteritis?
Gastroenteritis is spread in many ways:
- Contaminated water or food
- Unwashed hands after going to the bathroom
- Unwashed hands after changing a diaper
- Contact with somebody who has the virus
Gastroenteritis is most commonly caused by virus. The main viruses that contribute to gastroenteritis are rotavirus and norovirus. Gastroenteritis can also be caused by the following:
- Bacteria such as E. coli and salmonella
- Bacteria such as shigella (often pass around in childcare and daycare facilities)
- Parasites – giardia and Cryptosporidium in contaminated swimming pools can cause a diagnosis of gastroenteritis.
Are there other ways to contract gastroenteritis?
Yes, here are a few more ways to contract gastroenteritis:
- Heavy metals (such as arsenic, cadmium, lead, or mercury) in drinking water
- Eating excessive amounts of acidic foods, such as citrus, fruit, and tomatoes
- Toxins found in certain seafood
- Medications such as chemotherapy drugs, antacids, antibiotics, and laxatives.
Will gastroenteritis affect my ability to purchase life insurance?
Insurance underwriters will want to know the frequency of your gastroenteritis. If you have flare-ups more than three or four times a year and there is no diagnosed reason for these flare-ups, the insurance companies will want to know more about your medical condition.
If your symptoms are mild, with no serious episodes of dehydration, you may still qualify for a “standard” health rating with better insurance premiums.
What will insurance companies look for before issuing the life insurance for gastroenteritis?
- Are you having regular checkups with your physician?
- Do you have a good record of control of gastroenteritis episodes?
- Do you have a lifestyle that contributes to a minimization of gastroenteritis episodes?
Can I get the best life insurance rates if I suffer from gastroenteritis?
Yes, you can. Most gastroenteritis disappears after a few days. You feel terrible and miserable, but you will recover.
As long as you have no other medical conditions that trigger your gastroenteritis (such as kidney problems or immune problems) you should be able to qualify for the best rates available.
Is a difficult to get life insurance with gastroenteritis?
Our job is to make it easy for you.
Gastroenteritis is generally a mild impairment with minimal impact on your ability to purchase life insurance and get the best life insurance rates as long as you have a knowledgeable and qualified life insurance agent working with you.
Many life insurance agents can get healthy people life insurance policies but run into problems with people with gastroenteritis and other medical impairments. We can help you get approved for the best life insurance rates and coverage available.
If you have been diagnosed with gastroenteritis, call us to help you understand your life insurance with gastroenteritis options.
At Life Wealth Win, we specialize in healthy to high-risk life insurance cases. We can help you understand your life insurance options with gastroenteritis.
We work with clients across the nation to get the best life insurance rates possible. If you have gastroenteritis, we can help you get the best life insurance rates.