Getting life insurance for diabetics is not as difficult as you would imagine. We get diabetics reasonably priced life insurance every day at Life-Wealth-Win, even if you have been declined for life insurance before! As a diabetic, you will be eligible for one of the following life insurance policies: Term life insurance, whole life insurance, universal life insurance, or a guaranteed issue policy.
We help people with diabetes every day get the life insurance protection they need. We are committed to helping people with diabetes get protected with affordable life insurance!
Are There Insurance Companies That Will Offer Me Life Insurance Me If I Have Diabetes?
If you have diabetes, you absolutely can get life insurance! Your secret to success will be to talk with an insurance agency, like Life-Wealth-Win, with access to many different insurance companies. Having access to more insurance companies that view a diabetes diagnosis favorably is the key to success here!
If your life insurance agent tells you that you cannot get insurance, because you have diabetes, it probably means they sell no life insurance product that will allow you coverage with your diabetes.
There are many insurance companies out there that will happily insure you if you have diabetes. There are also companies that will issue fully underwritten and simplified issue life insurance policies to diabetics; we can help you find them at Life-Wealth-Win!
How Do I Apply for Life Insurance If I Am a Diabetic?
The first step is to find a knowledgeable life insurance broker/agent, like Life-Wealth-Win, who is experienced working with diabetics and has access to many insurance companies. You may not want to talk with an agent, who only represents one life insurance company, unless you want to pay more money than necessary (or get denied for life insurance coverage).
It makes no sense to submit a life insurance application when you have a high possibility of getting denied for life insurance coverage. This happens often with life insurance agents, who do not understand diabetes insurance underwriting guidelines or who only sell a limited range of life insurance products from the company they represent.
Buying Life Insurance with Diabetes – What Can I expect?
Insurance companies will want to know how well you are managing your diabetes. If you are not following your doctor’s instructions and treatment plan to control your diabetic condition, then the insurance companies will not consider you a good risk for life insurance coverage.
Getting life insurance for a diabetic person (at affordable rates) is possible if you have access to the right insurance companies.
How Do The Insurance Companies Determine My Diabetic Life Insurance Quote?
There are some important areas the insurance companies review when considering whether to issue you a life insurance policy.
Some of the primary areas the insurance company will review are:
- Diabetes Type: It will make a difference whether you have Type I diabetes or Type II diabetes. If you have Type II diabetes, your life insurance premiums will be lower than if you have Type I diabetes.
- Height and Weight: As with just about every other life insurance policy available, your height and weight will factor into the premium that the insurance company will charge you. If you are significantly overweight and have diabetes, it will affect your ability to get life insurance through some insurance companies.
- Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure: If your blood pressure is not controlled well and you have diabetes, it will be more difficult to get life insurance coverage.
- Treatment Method: If you are taking oral medications and prescriptions as prescribed by your doctor, then you should have no trouble getting life insurance. If you are on insulin, then it may be harder to get life insurance. Call us at Life-Wealth-Win, and we can help you get life insurance, regardless of your treatment plan and current health condition.
- Diabetes Diagnosis Date: Generally, the longer you have had diabetes, the more complications may occur within your body. So, if you have had diabetes for a long time, then your life insurance rates may be higher than if you were recently diagnosed. If you were diagnosed with diabetes before age 35, then your life insurance rates would likely be higher than if you are diagnosed after age 40.
- A1c Readings or Average Glucose: One thing the insurance companies will look at when determining what your life insurance premium will be is your A1C readings and average glucose readings. If your diabetes is under control and your average readings hover around 130 or below, then you should be able to get a much higher insurance rating class (meaning cheaper insurance rates) than if your average glucose readings are above 130.
- Other medical conditions: If you smoke cigarettes, use other tobacco products, or even use vapor cigarettes containing nicotine, your insurance rates will be higher when combined with your diabetes diagnosis. You may even possibly be denied coverage with some carriers. Also, if you are obese, have gout or other significant medical conditions, then it may rule you out of coverage with some insurance companies.
- Is your diabetes under control? If your diabetes is not under control, then purchasing a life insurance product, such as a guaranteed issue life insurance policy, may be the best insurance plan for you. These premiums may be more expensive, but you can get immediate coverage in most cases.
Again, the rate you will pay for life insurance is most affected by how well your diabetes is under control, how long you have had diabetes, and if you are managing your medicines and health effectively.
How Can A Diabetic Have Better Odds Of Getting Reasonably Priced Life Insurance?
The first thing you must do is fully comply with your doctor’s recommendations. You should be taking your medicines, watching your diet, and managing your blood sugar levels.
Lowering your A1c levels and making sure you are managing your glucose levels adequately is the first step in making sure you are eligible for the best life insurance premium rates possible.
The insurance companies are about managing risk; the less you look like a risk to the insurance companies, the less it will cost you in life insurance premiums.
Where Should I Purchase My Life Insurance If I Am A Diabetic?
Working with a knowledgeable insurance agent is your first step in getting affordable life insurance coverage if you are a diabetic. Knowing which insurance companies to seek first, which insurance companies will view your diabetes more favorably, and knowing how to work with the insurance company’s’ life insurance underwriting departments is the key to getting your insurance policy issued quickly.
One often overlooked component of getting life insurance if you are a diabetic is not to submit an application with a high probability of being denied or declined. Once you have a denied or declined policy on your insurance medical records, it will often make it more difficult and more expensive to get life insurance in the future.
You will have the option to apply for a fully underwritten life insurance policy or a simplified issue no exam life insurance policy. A no exam policy simply requires your life insurance agent and you fill out a paper application or online application and submit it to the insurance company for approval.
A simplified issue policy may be a good option for an initial life insurance policy if you are a diabetic. You can then follow up later with a fully underwritten insurance policy.
How Do I work With My Insurance Agent To Get The Best Diabetes Life Insurance Rates?
The most important thing you need to do is be honest with your Life-Wealth-Win agent about every aspect of your health. Diabetes life insurance coverage is possible if your agent knows everything about your medical condition. The more we know about your current health history and past health history, the better we can help you find the best life insurance company and plan for your needs.
You also need to be honest about your health condition, so the life insurance company does not deny a death claim payment in the future. Almost all life insurance policies have a two-year contestability you need to take seriously.
This is important if you die within two years of the life insurance policy being issued. If the life insurance company discovered you were not truthful in answering the questions on your life insurance application, they would have the legal right to deny payment of your life insurance proceeds to your beneficiaries.
When Is The Best Time To Get A Life Insurance Policy If I Am A Diabetic?
If you know you have a family history of diabetes, and you do not have diabetes yet, invest in your life insurance now! Your genetics may have a bull’s-eye on your health if you have a family history of diabetes. The best time to get the cheapest life insurance rates possible is now (before you are diagnosed with diabetes).
If you already have diabetes, and you have no life insurance, the best time to invest in a life insurance policy is right now!
What If I Have Been Denied For Life Insurance Due To My Diabetes?
Don’t assume you cannot get life insurance if you have already been denied for life insurance because of your diabetes. Usually, it simply means you had the wrong insurance agent. It may also mean your application was submitted to the wrong insurance company, who viewed your diabetes more negatively.
What If The Coverage Is Too Expensive?
At Life-Health-Win we help diabetics every single day invest in affordable life insurance coverage. We are here to help you get the life insurance protection you and your family need, and deserve! We will work diligently to help you find an insurance rate that will fit into your budget!
Life-Wealth-Win Life Insurance and Wealth Services would love to help you get your loved ones, family, and business protected! Call us or get your free life insurance estimate by clicking the link below.